Bro's United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best SPACE to post!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Skipping the intro videos & disabling lobby music

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lemmers

Lemmers

Skipping the intro videos & disabling  lobby music Empty
PostSubject: Skipping the intro videos & disabling lobby music   Skipping the intro videos & disabling  lobby music EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 12:05 pm

For those of you who want to skip the intro videos and load right into the main menu, right click on Left 4 Dead 2 in Steam client to open the game's properties window. In the General tab, click the Set Launch Options button to open the Launch Options window. Type in this text box, -novid and click OK. Now when you launch the game from Steam, it will skip the intro videos and go straight to the main menu, saving you a few clicks as well as a few seconds.

If you want to disable all L4D2 menu music, you can delete the folder /steam/steamapps/common/left 4 dead 2/left4dead2/sound/music/l4d2/, but when the game updates itself it might also redownload these files. If you verify the game cache, it will definitely redownload these files. If you want an easier and more permanent solution, download this .vpk I made that overwrites the lobby music with blank files. Because it's in a .vpk, it won't be overwritten, and if you wish to disable or enable it, it's easier to do.

I'd much prefer the menu music to play once, then fade out and not loop again (like it does in L4D1). I know how to do it (I think) but I haven't found file that controls that yet. I'll keep on it, though.
Back to top Go down
Ham

Skipping the intro videos & disabling  lobby music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skipping the intro videos & disabling lobby music   Skipping the intro videos & disabling  lobby music EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:46 pm

**EDIT** I had the perfect troll for this, as the link wouldn't work, but then I realized I wasn't signed in, so of course I couldn't click it. Fuck. Will have to save this troll for another time.
Back to top Go down

Skipping the intro videos & disabling lobby music
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bro's United :: The Workshop-
Jump to: